Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Playing the recorder

Every week my brother and I attend recorder lessons. There are only three recorder players in our school. We are the only boys that play recorder in our school. We play descant recorders, which play quite high notes. We have to practice every week, even in the holidays.

The recorder is fun to play, but not all the time. The ugly part of playing recorder is that you have to practice, which is not fun. Sometimes we have to practice at the same time for a certain piece, which is not nice because you have to play exactly on time together.

Every year we go to the Eisteddfod, which is a place where you play a piece and then a judge gives you a bronze, a silver or a gold sticker on your certificate.

Sometimes we play with the marimba band, and that is fun, although I think the recorder is a good instrument to play.

© copyright Basti 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or I might get my volcano to burn you up!