Thursday, June 10, 2010

School soccer day

On Friday the school had a soccer day. The intermediate phase leaders divided us into four teams: South Africa, Portugal, Italy and Cameroon. I was in the Italian team.

After first break we all headed down to the field. The first people to play were the foundation phase teams. They only played on half the field. After that it was Italy versus South Africa. I was a defender. Our team was the first to score. But then the ball was kicked in my direction and I accidentally hit the ball with my hand. Then there was a penalty kick and the other team scored.

In the second half we swapped a few of our players. Somebody kicked the ball out and it was the other team’s corner kick. The ball was kicked and somebody hit the ball with their head and scored. Our team had lost.

Next it was Portugal against Cameroon and Portugal won. Then it was the teachers match and the orange team won. After that it was the final match which was South Africa versus Portugal. It was a tie and then it was penalty kicks and South Africa won.

After that it was prize giving and then we went home.

© copyright Basti 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or I might get my volcano to burn you up!